The initial team of the Institute is composed of the following people.
- Pierre-Carl Michaud, Director
- Martin Boyer, Member and Professor in the Department of Finance
- Philippe d’Astous, Member and Professor in the Department of Finance
- David Boisclair, Executive Director
- Lee Boyle, Executive Secretary
The Director, Pierre-Carl Michaud, is a Full Professor in the Department of Applied Economics at HEC Montréal and holder of the Industrial Alliance Research Chair on the Economics of Demographic Change. He is also an Affiliated Economist at the RAND Corporation and Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER). In addition to having been a member of the Commission d’examen sur la fiscalité québécoise (Quebec Taxation Review Board), he is a recognized specialist in matters of retirement and savings. Professor Michaud holds a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Tilburg in the Netherlands.
Students are also associated with the Institute.